We welcome suggestions for improving our services, and these should either be left in the prescription request boxes at each reception desk, or addressed to the practice manager.
Feedback from you as patients is vital to allow us to improve the services we offer.
All the Doctors and Staff in the Old Machar Medical Practice hope that we are offering an effective and efficient service. However, in view of the complexity of problems we deal with, we cannot guarantee that everything will always be perfect.
We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible - ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily.
Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager or to any of the doctors in the practice. Alternatively ask for an appointment with the Practice Manager to discuss the problem. She will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure your concerns are dealt with promptly. It would be a great help if you can be as specific about the complaint as possible.
What we shall do
Old Machar Medical Practice follows the current NHS Complaints Procedure.
Full details of this procedure can be found by clicking here or on the logo below.
Complaining on behalf of someone else
If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, please be aware that this Practice is bound by strict rules of medical confidentiality and we cannot divulge a patient's medical history unless we have their permission to do so. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this. A form for this purpose is available at the practice upon request.
How can you help us avoid problems
The majority of problems arising between the primary health care team and patients are ones of communication. You can help us avoid these in a number of ways:
● If you feel unhappy about anything please say so at the time. We will not take offence and will be happy to try and put matters right immediately.
● If you are unsure about any information given to you either clinical or about medication please ask for it to be repeated or written down.
● If you feel that a member of staff has not dealt with your problems adequately please ask to speak to the supervisor or Practice Manager.
● Be prepared to give some clinical details if asking for an urgent appointment or call. The receptionist will be able to help you better if they understand your situation.
● If you have worries about clinical problems please ask to speak to a doctor.
PLEASE HELP US TO HELP YOU!
Made with Mobirise - Check it